- First Bus becomes UK’s first bus operator to offer a consumer charging hub to help local Cornish community make switch to electric vehicles (EVs).
- The new purpose-built site in Cornwall will be ready for customers later this summer.
- Site provides 8 rapid charging points for public EVs that will fully charge a family car in under 30 minutes.
- New facility is ideally placed on key tourist route into Cornwall.
First Bus announces investment in solar power across 20 UK sites as part of net zero-emission strategy
- First Bus invests £2.5m in solar power across 20 of its UK depots.
- Over 6,000 Solar Photo Voltaic (PV) panels will be in place by mid-June.
- The panels will generate more than 2 million kWh per year - enough to power 700 family homes.
- This investment will help First Bus to become net zero and self-sustaining with on-site energy generation.
In time for panto season, local bus operator First Solent has teamed up with Portsmouth’s Kings Theatre to offer a special ‘5 for £5’ bus ticket for people heading to Hook: The Further Adventures of Peter Pan.
- New tap on, tap off (TOTO) technology gives best value fares for customers
- Contactless payments help personalise pricing based on usage
- Daily/weekly price caps allow unlimited travel for a fixed price
- From Monday 27 November, changes to Buses of Somerset’s timetables will further improve punctuality and reliability
- Following customer feedback, earlier buses added to help locals get to work
- Evening services extended on the 21 service